ASN International Neurosonology Exam - India
at the XIV INSC 2020 BENGALURU, INDIA
DATE: Saturday, March 21, 2020
TIME: 1:00 - 6:00 pm ( 13.00 - 18.00 for 5 hours)
LOCATION: The Lalit Ashok, Bengaluru, India
REGISTRATION: Open Now through March 9, 2020
REGISTRATION FEE: $250 (Visa or Mastercard)
EXAM RE-TAKES: If you are re-taking a section of the exam you took in 2019, please email the ASN Executive Office to register.
DOCUMENTATION: You must upload all required documentation in a single pdf at the time of registration. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. To be eligible for the Neurosonology examination, a candidate must meet and provide documentation of the following criteria:
- Hold a valid medical license (or equivalent).
- 40 hours of didactics specific to ultrasound or 40 CME AMA Category 1 Credits in ultrasound, obtained within the last three years.
- Verification of performance and/or interpretation of at least 100 studies under supervision for each component to be tested (e.g. TCD and carotid). Verification can be in the form of a short letter from the supervising physician.
Confirmation letters and further details will be sent to registered examinees after the registration deadline. The exam will be CD based.
The ASN examination in Neurosonology is designed to assess a physician's ability to apply knowledge, concepts, and principles of neuroimaging that constitute the basis of safe and effective patient care. They are designed to assess whether the candidate can apply the medical knowledge and understanding of biomedical and clinical sciences considered essential for the unsupervised practice of neuroimaging. The Neurosonology Proficiency Examination is not based on the review course in Neurosonology given at the ASN Annual Meeting. The course does not cover the entire content of the exam. Examinees are encouraged to use the Orientation and Suggested Readings to prepare for the exam.
ASN Neurosonology Credential is recognized by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories as a credential allowing an MD to serve as the Medical Director of a vascular ultrasound laboratory.
- Beginning October, 2011, individuals who pass the international neurosonology exam will be required to submit proof of 15 CME credits specific to ultrasound every three years in order to maintain certification status.
- Those who have not yet received Board Eligibility/Certification or medical license at the time of the examination will receive their results upon providing supporting documentation.