ASN Lifetime Acheivement Award
This award honors outstanding leaders who have made significant contributions to the advancement of neuroimaging over their lifetimes. They represent the brightest and most influential minds in the field of neuroimaging. The Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor bestowed upon an individual by the ASN.
ASN members are invited to nominate individuals they feel are deserving of a Lifetime Achievement Award. Applications, in the form of a nomination, must include a detailed description of the nominee’s contributions to the neuroimaging subspecialty and to the ASN and be submitted through the official nomination form. Nominations will remain on file and will be considered in each of the next three award cycles after submission. Self-nominations are not accepted.
The Lifetime Achievement Award winner receives:
- One complimentary registration to the ASN annual conference in the year they receive the award
- Recognition during that conference’s award ceremony
- Photo and bio on the Lifetime Achievement Award webpage
- Recognition in the Journal of Neuroimaging
The Board of Directors reviews all nominations during their mid-year Board meeting and selects one individual to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award based on the criteria below.
The Lifetime Achievement Award is intended for individuals with at least 10 years of documented accomplishments in the field of neuroimaging who have had a significant impact on a large number of individuals and organizations.
Individuals who meet the following criteria will be considered for the award:
- Have made significant contributions to the perception, delivery, or independent interpretation of imaging in neurosciences, in the areas of Program Development, Scholarly Contributions and Leadership.
- Demonstrated of a lifelong commitment to fostering and stimulating improvements in neurological health care.
The nominee must be:
- A member of ASN for at least 20 years prior to nomination
- A current member at the time of award presentation
- Actively involved in the profession of neurology.
- ASN Board of Director members are NOT eligible during their tenure on the Board
ASN members may nominate any individual who meets the criteria above for a Lifetime Achievement Award.